Jumba, SingleUserBlog and nGallery

I signed up with Jumba a few weeks ago now, so I’ve been really trying to get at least SOMETHING onto this webspace. There were a couple of conditions on choosing Jumba…I want ASP.NET…well that’s about it.

So the two things I currently have installed here are SingleUserBlog v2 and nGallery.

I’ve played around with the SUB source code back in v1, and “apparently” v2 is heaps better.

The changes I made to SUBv2

Well already I’ve written a new datalayer that uses the sqlite engine. What’s my reason for the sqlite datalayer? Well, I originally liked the idea of SUB using .NET’s built in XML capability, but I just can’t stand the thought of having possibly hundreds of those crazy GUID named folders on my webspace.

So it’s a simple, compact, INDEXED, sqlite database for this blog. Oh, datacaching is still on the TODO very soon list.

Things that aren’t working…yet

All the SQLEXPRESS customisation still just doesn’t want to work. So I disabled it. Keep getting “Can not connect to SQLEXPRESS database provider thinger because it’s stupid and unable to connect using named pipes.”

General .NET Internet SingleUserBlog
Posted by: Brendan Kowitz
Last revised: 21 Sep 2013 12:15PM

Comments

No comments yet. Be the first!

No new comments are allowed on this post.